Group Benefits From The Welch Group
Creating or updating an employee benefit program is an essential tool for keeping your staff well taken care of and satisfied. Group benefit plans are any type of plan that provides benefits to plan members as one group, independently of government-sponsored benefits. Group benefit plans are typically sponsored by employers for their employees, but there are others, such as associations and creditors, that sponsor group benefits for their members.
Both employees and the employers gain advantage from having a Group benefit program. Advantages of the employer include:
- Expenditures toward group benefits are tax deductible as a business expense
- Benefits attract and retain qualified employees
- Benefits foster a healthy workforce and consequently improve employee morale, productivity and efficiency
- Benefits can be provided in exchange for monetary compensation
Advantages of the employees include:
- No need to use after-tax money to purchase various types of insurance policies
- Does not usually require an individual to provide medical evidence of insurability
- Insurance is usually less expensive to obtain under a group plan than in the individual insurance market
As each company is different and has its own set of challenges, we know that many plans need to be tailored to meet your business’s exact needs according to the needs and budgets of your employees.